Jonathan's web site Home Page
We're intending to write here about the paradox of love, loss, and a possible deepening of connectiveness.
Here's a start.
The great paradox of life is that those who lose their lives will gain them.
This paradox becomes visible in very ordinary situations.
If we cling to our friends, we may lose them, but when we are nonpossessive in our relationships,
we will make many friends. When fame is what we seek and desire, it often vanishes as soon as we acquire it,
but when we have no need to be known, we might be remembered long after our deaths.
When we want to be in the center, we easily end up on the margins,
but when we are free enough to be wherever we must be, we find ourselves often in the center. (Henri Nouwen)
- balancing truths (January 1, 2003;Indeed, this need of individuals to be right is so great that they are willing to sacrifice themselves, their relationships, and even love for it....)
- The Enneagram (January 1, 2003;(Metz & Burchill) (Sufism was a Muslim philosophical and literary movement which emerged among the Shiites of Persia in the late 10th and early 11th century. The Sufis included the greatest of the Persian poets, inc....)
- Luis Marden, Adventurer & Journalist (January 1, 2003;March 5, 2003 Luis Marden, 90, Adventurer and Journalist, Is Dead By DOUGLAS MARTIN uis Marden, a writer and p...)
- Salome (January 1, 2003;May 1, 2003, Thursday THE ARTS/CULTURAL DESK THEATER REVIEW; Veils or No Veils, Whatever She Wants She Gets By BEN BRANTLEY There's not one veil in sight, let alone seven....)
- Pamela Harriman (January 1, 2003;By RUSSELL BAKER ( Op-Ed ) 753 words February 8, 1997, The New York Times....)
- George Plimpton (January 1, 2003;September 27, 2003, Saturday THE ARTS/CULTURAL DESK, Author And Editor, Is Dead at 76 By RICHARD SEVERO ( Obituary (Obit);...)
- Deepak Chopra (January 1, 2003;Mind-body expert will share his wisdom to South Floridians By James D. Davis Religion Editor January 13, 2004 Why aren't you succeeding? says he knows. You're trying too hard. Because you're trying at all....)
- When Bipolar Masquerades as a Happy Face (January 1, 2003;February 17, 2004; New York Times; ; By RICHARD A. FRIEDMAN, M.D. At 45, my patient Bruce was at the pinnacle of his career, with a lucrative law practice....)