Haiti Home Page
We must articulate the elements (or building blocks) for built space and land uses in our village.
For each of the elements below, we need to articulate a concept statement, land requirement, built space requirement,
and how many people or households it will serve.
- Elementary school
- Number of children it will serve of what ages and what population will produce that number of children (inc. detail of hshld composition).
- Built space requirement for that school.
- Land requirement for the school and associated sport, play and transport requirements.
- Cost of built space plus fixtures, furnishings, and equipment.
- High school
- Pre-school and adult education programs
- Special schools (i.e. technical; structured & regimented)
- Health care facilities
- Safety (fire & police)
- Community center
- Sports arena
- Parks and open space
- Waste treatment
- Water treatment
- Commercial space (retail & office)
- Industrial space